Emergency Vet: North Shore & Hills Area
Does your cat or dog have a medical emergency? Call Us on 02 9489 6000.
Our Normanhurst vet team is trained to quickly assess the situation and determine the best plan of approach to stabilize your pet. Please give us a call on 02 9489 6000 so that we know you are on your way and can look after your pet as soon as you arrive.
If your pet is displaying any of the below symptoms, it is important you see a vet straight away:
- Choking, persistent coughing or difficulty breathing
- Seizures, collapsing or unconsciousness
- Fractured bones, severe lameness or not walking normally
- Inability to pass urine or faeces
- Injury to the eye
- Severe vomiting and/or diarrhoea
- Refusal to eat or drink for more than 24 hours
- Swollen stomach
- Bleeding that is severe or doesn’t stop within 5 minutes; blood in urine/faeces; coughing up blood
- The pet is in pain or distressed
|Phone||We are open:|
|02 9489 6000||Monday: 7.00am–8.00pm|
|31 Normanhurst Road||Wednesday: 7.00am–8.00pm|
|Normanhurst NSW 2076||Thursday: 7.00am–8.00pm|
What to do if your pet needs emergency vet care
There are many situations in which your pet may need emergency veterinary care.
If your pet is in distress or you are concerned about their wellbeing, we recommend you come and see our veterinary team as soon as possible.
In case of a medical emergency:
- Remain calm
- Call our Normanhurst emergency vet on 02 9489 6000
- Make sure your pet is transported safely
- Drive carefully
- Let our team know as soon as you have arrived
All medical emergencies are treated with priority and you do not need to have an appointment. Our emergency vets will quickly assess your pet’s condition and take the necessary steps to stablize them. We will then work with you to tailor a treatment plan to help your furry family member get back on its feet as soon as possible.
Our Normanhurst emergency vets are highly qualified, and will treat you and your pet with Amazing Care.